Tuesday 12 July 2011

Introduction to automotive repairs

Figure since I'm learning, I might as well document some of my massive column of notes online.

This is the truck I started with going into this course. A 99' Dodge Dakota with a 3" body lift and 32" cheapy A/Ts.



After almost a year, I've moved to a 4-1/2" body lift, 3" suspension lift, paint job, and plenty of visual accessories. One of the things I've been most proud of was being able to do this all myself. Through a pre-apprenticeship course I've learned all the tool and part knowledge needed to do these jobs with ease. My goal is to convey some of that information in a form easy to understand just as it was put for me.

Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. I have always toyed around with the thought of being a mechanic. I always do the minor repairs and stuff on my car, and would like to do more with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to more posts from you! following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm completely helpless when it comes to auto repairs. I can't even change my oil! I look forward to reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I didn't grow up like a boy should. I had to absolutely study for the auto part of the ASVAB because I didn't even know what a carburetor was before.

    ReplyDelete